At Exeter Harriers we know that we need the support of the business community in the region to help us to achieve our goals. As a social enterprise, we can offer the opportunity for our business partners to put something back into the community through sport and, in so doing, help those businesses achieve their own corporate social responsibility aspirations.
Whatever your business, we would love to talk to you about sponsorship opportunities so contact our sponsorship co-ordinator, Jani Marok, at email@example.com.
Our sponsorship strategy as detailed in our business plan is laid out below:
- The board of Exeter Harriers believes that a coherent sponsorship strategy is crucial to delivering the excellent facilities and service for which it strives. However, the sponsorship strategy is not just about providing an income stream but also about partnering with companies that support the values and ethos of the club and where there is reciprocal benefit. The true worth of sponsorship partners is not just in the monetary value but in the synergy generated from the relationship. To support this philosophy, the club will seek sponsorship from companies that are inclusive, strive for high performance and value human endeavour in achieving excellence through hard work. The club offers penetration both regionally and nationally through the men’s team which competes in the British Athletics League.
- The following opportunities will be offered to potential sponsors:
- Main Club Sponsor: The board would like to develop a personal relationship with a regional business that would be willing to act as the main club sponsor for a three year period. In return, the sponsor’s name will:
- Appear on all club vests and tops for the duration of the sponsorship
- Appear on all club stationery
- Be on the website, with a link to the sponsor’s website
- Be mentioned in all press releases
- Appear on all race programmes
- Race Day Sponsors: During the athletics season, the club holds approximately six mid-week open events and one weekend open event. These are always well attended from across the southwest. It is the club’s aim for each event to be sponsored. These events are ideally suited for sponsorship to be offered as value-in-kind for service-providers to the club. The sponsor’s name will:
- Appear on the race programme and advertising literature
- Appear on race numbers
- Appear in the club house on race day
- Appear on the website in conjunction with the race details and results
- Business partner sponsors: the club will aim to link any essential service provider with an element of sponsorship. For example, when renewing club insurance preference will be given to companies that can offer an element of sponsorship. These sponsors will be listed on the club website.